Post #229: Pressing Toward the Mark (Phil 3:14) | KJV Right Division (Week 8)
Post 229 · Day 56-14: Contentment in All Circumstances
"I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need." — Philippians 4:11-12 (KJV)
Contentment: Greek autarkeia — self-sufficiency through God; not needing external circumstances to provide inner peace.
Learned: It is not intuitive; it is acquired through experience of God's faithfulness in both abundance and need.
Learned: It is not intuitive; it is acquired through experience of God's faithfulness in both abundance and need.
Paul "learned" contentment — meaning it came through trial, not teaching alone. He knew both ends of the economic spectrum and found God sufficient at both. The Grace Age believer has Paul as the pattern (Phil 3:17) and the same indwelling Spirit as the resource (Phil 4:13 — "through Christ which strengtheneth me"). Contentment is not passivity — it is the active trust that God is enough, in every state, at every season.
Application: In what area of life are you most discontent right now? Bring it to God in prayer with specific thanksgiving for His past provision. Practice the discipline of counting what you have before listing what you lack.
๐ Subscribe · Share · In what area has God taught you contentment through difficulty? Comment below.
Prayer: Lord, teach us contentment — the kind that comes only from learning Your sufficiency in every state. You are enough. Amen.
Comments
Post a Comment