Post #235: Woe If I Preach Not the Gospel | KJV Right Division (Week 9)
Post 235 · Day 57-3: 1 Corinthians 9:16 – Woe If I Preach Not the Gospel
Who This Is For: Grace-age believers in the Body of Christ seeking to understand and live Paul's Gospel rightly divided.
“For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!” — 1 Corinthians 9:16 KJV
Paul strips away any sense of personal merit from his preaching. He does not glory in it — it is a stewardship, not an achievement. The woe is not a legal threat but the recognition that his entire purpose would be unfulfilled if he withheld the Gospel.
Right Division: Right Division: Paul's compulsion to preach differs from the Great Commission's command structure. The Twelve were commanded to go and make disciples. Paul was internally compelled by the grace given to him (Ephesians 3:8) — entrusted with a dispensation (1 Corinthians 9:17). The grace-age minister is not driven by external mandate alone but by internal necessity born of understanding what the Gospel is and what it accomplishes.
Application: Cultivate a sense of inner necessity for sharing the Gospel. Read 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 aloud daily this week. Let the weight of the message — the death, burial, and resurrection of the Son of God for your sins — become so real that not sharing it seems unnatural.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your Word rightly divided. Help us to study, understand, and live what You have revealed through the Apostle Paul for this age of grace. Give us boldness to share and faithfulness to guard what has been committed to our trust. In Christ's name. Amen.
Subscribe • Like • Share • @ohhenry6524 • rightlydividingkjv.blogspot.com
Comments
Post a Comment