Post #238: Paul's Gospel by Direct Revelation | KJV Right Division (Week 9)
Post 238 · Day 58-2: Galatians 1:11-12 – Paul's Gospel by Direct Revelation
“For I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.” — Galatians 1:11-12 KJV
Paul draws a sharp distinction: his Gospel did not come through human tradition or apostolic succession. He received it directly from the risen, glorified Christ. This is the foundation of Pauline authority — and the reason his epistles carry divine weight for the grace-age believer.
Right Division: Right Division: This verse is crucial for right division. The Gospel Paul preached — the mystery hidden from ages (Romans 16:25) — was not available to the Twelve before the cross. They did not preach justification by faith without works. They preached the Kingdom. It was the risen Christ, after His ascension, who revealed to Paul the mystery of the Body of Christ and the grace gospel. This is why we follow Paul's epistles as our primary doctrinal authority for this age.
Comments
Post a Comment