Post #246: Determined to Know Nothing But Christ | KJV Right Division (Week 9)
Post 246 · Day 60-2: 1 Corinthians 2:1-2 – Determined to Know Nothing But Christ
“And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.” — 1 Corinthians 2:1-2 KJV
Paul's ministry philosophy in Corinth was deliberate and counter-cultural. The city prized rhetoric and philosophy. Paul came with the opposite: simple, unadorned declaration of Christ crucified. This was a choice — 'I determined' — not a lack of ability but a conscious decision to trust the message rather than the method.
Right Division: Right Division: 'Christ crucified' is the center of the grace-age Gospel. In the Kingdom program, the emphasis was on the coming Kingdom and the Messiah's reign. Paul's Gospel centers on the cross — the substitutionary death, the shed blood, the risen Savior. This is the grace-age distinctive: not 'repent for the Kingdom is at hand' but 'believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved' (Acts 16:31).
Comments
Post a Comment