Post #313: I Have Fought a Good Fight, I Have Kept the Faith | KJV Right Division (Week 12)

Week 12 – Finishing Strong: A Life Rightly Divided | KJV Right Division

Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth

Week 12 – Finishing Strong: A Life Rightly Divided

Post 313 · Day 77-1: 2 Timothy 4:7-8 – I Have Fought a Good Fight, I Have Kept the Faith

Who This Is For: Grace-age believers in the Body of Christ who desire to finish strong, endure faithfully, and hear "Well done" at the Judgment Seat of Christ.
“I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day.” — 2 Timothy 4:7-8 KJV

Paul's life-summary in three phrases: good fight fought, course finished, faith kept. He writes this from prison, awaiting execution. He does not say 'I have succeeded,' 'I have been comfortable,' or 'I have been understood.' He says he has been faithful — and that is all that matters. A crown of righteousness awaits.

Right Division: Right Division: The crown of righteousness is a grace-age reward — not salvation (that is free) but reward for faithful service. The Judgment Seat of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:10, Romans 14:10) evaluates the grace-age believer's works: gold, silver, precious stones vs. wood, hay, stubble (1 Corinthians 3:12-15). Paul's three claims — fight, finish, faith — are the criteria of faithful grace-age ministry. Not results counted by numbers but faithfulness assessed by the righteous Judge.

Application: Imagine standing at the Judgment Seat of Christ. What will you say? Paul said: I fought, I finished, I kept the faith. You are still in the race — you can still make that claim yours. Fight today. Stay the course today. Keep the faith today. Maranatha.
Prayer: Lord, let us not be weary in well doing. Strengthen us by Your Spirit in the inner man. Let us run with patience the race set before us, keeping our eyes on Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. Help us to finish strong — not by our strength but by Yours. In Christ's name. Amen.
Subscribe • Like • Share • @ohhenry6524 • rightlydividingkjv.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

์˜ˆ์–ธ๊ณผ ๋น„์œ ์˜ ๋ชฉ์ 

Dead to the Law – Married to the Risen Christ | Romans 7:4 KJV

ํ–‰์œ„๋กœ ๊ตฌ์›๋ฐ›๋Š”๋‹ค๋Š” ๋‹ค์„ฏ ์ฃผ์žฅ — ์ง„๋ฆฌ์˜ ๋ง์”€์„ ๋ฐ”๋ฅด๊ฒŒ ๋‚˜๋ˆ„๋ผ