Post #315: Pressing Toward the Mark | KJV Right Division (Week 12)
Post 315 · Day 77-3: Philippians 3:13-14 – Pressing Toward the Mark
“Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” — Philippians 3:13-14 KJV
Paul's race posture: forward-looking, singularly focused, pressing. 'This one thing I do' — not fifty things, not a diversified spiritual portfolio. One thing: forget the past, reach forward, press toward the mark. The prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus draws him onward.
Right Division: Right Division: 'The high calling of God in Christ Jesus' — the grace-age calling is the highest calling in all of human history. To be a member of the Body of Christ, the one new man, seated in heavenly places, co-heirs with Christ — this surpasses every other privilege. Israel's calling was high; the prophets were great; the Twelve were chosen. But the mystery calling — to be in Christ, Christ in you — is the pinnacle. Press toward its fullness.
Comments
Post a Comment