Post #60: The New Covenant – To Whom? | KJV Right Division (Week 3)
Post 60 · The New Covenant – Israel's Future (Jer 31:31-34)
"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt... But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts." — Jeremiah 31:31-33 (KJV)
Dispensation: Future — the New Covenant will be fully implemented with Israel in the Kingdom Age; believers now share in its spiritual blessings.
Key: The New Covenant is made with Israel and Judah (v.31), not with the Church. We benefit from its spiritual blessings now; Israel will receive its national fulfillment in the Millennium.
The New Covenant in Jeremiah 31 is explicitly made with 'the house of Israel and the house of Judah' — the two divided kingdoms, both of which will be restored. It promises: (1) the Law written on the heart internally, not tablets externally, (2) universal knowledge of God — 'they shall all know me,' (3) complete forgiveness — 'I will remember their sin no more.' This covenant is the basis of Israel's national restoration in the Millennium. Believers today share in the spiritual blessings of this covenant — the indwelling Spirit, forgiveness, knowing God — but the full national implementation with restored Israel awaits Christ's return. The Lord Jesus inaugurated this covenant at the Last Supper (Luke 22:20); its complete fulfillment is future.
Comments
Post a Comment